Today I’m sharing some of my current favourites in the kitchen!
Clockwise from top left:
1) Coconut Manna – this delicious butter made of ground up coconut is the original AIP version of nut-butter that is so incredibly versatile. A source of healthful fats, coconut butter is great in fatbombs, smoothies, and homemade chocolate.
2) Rise Ginger Kombucha – my all time favourite kombucha flavour is simple, humble ginger. Kombucha is a fermented tea that has a penchant for settling unhappy tummies, providing a dose of probiotics, and being a good low-sugar replacement for soda and cocktails.
3) Further Food Grassfed Collagen – if you aren’t on the collagen and bone broth train, you should consider it! Grassfed collagen contains lots of amino acids needed to build hair, nails, and joints, as well as repair damage to the skin and gut (mucosal membranes). Collagen dissolves in cold liquids, unlike gelatin, making it a great protein source to add to smoothies, salad dressings, baking, and so much more.
4) Local Raw Wildflower Honey – while sweeteners need limits in a healing lifestyle, we all need a little sweet now and then. Raw honey is a nice source that contains enzymes and phytonutrients that can heal wounds, aid digestion, and feed good bacteria. It is high in fructose, so should be used with caution on a low-FODMAPs protocol.
5) Bone Brewhouse Lemon Ginger Bone Broth – sometimes you just don’t want to make broth yourself, or you just can’t wait! This bone-broth-to-go is delicious and AIP-friendly! I also appreciate the price at $8.99CAD; lower than other premade broths at the moment. I love adding my next favourite, fennel, to this lovely, healthful broth.
6) Fennel – good old fennel is a growing favourite in my kitchen! It’s great in soups, in fresh salads, in juice, and anything else you can think of. Very much like celery, but with a sweeter, mildly licorice, and beautifully fresh flavour, try serving with lemon and mint for a dish that screams summer.
What are you crushing on lately? Let me know in the comments!